- Cricket Yorkshire 50: Champions of recreational cricket - September 21, 2021
- Sue Mulholland and the therapy of cricket teas - September 16, 2021
- Recreational cricket: What have we learnt for 2022? - September 15, 2021
The Yorkshire’s Cricket Board (YCB) has its affiliation package available for any cricket club to take advantage of.
Here, we’ll look at what’s included, prices and why your cricket club will benefit.
Before we get to the enormous amount you receive in terms of advice, funding and free tickets, it’s worth saying that over 95% of clubs who are affiliated to the YCB do so via the league in which they play.
Therefore, they’ll pay their YCB affiliation fees as part of the annual league fee and not really think about it.
Two points to raise on that: firstly, this article is a reminder of what that affiliation fee means clubs can tap into and frankly, how much you get back in return (answer: loads).
Secondly, if you’re not affiliated yet, it might be something you and your team or club consider for 2021, whatever standard you play at.
What does YCB affiliation cost?
£50 per club and £20 per team
The 2021 Club Affiliation package includes four tickets to a Yorkshire Vikings T20 home fixture (excluding the Roses game) for all clubs who subscribe to the full affiliation package.
That’s a great raffle prize to generate some funds back or a reward for volunteers of a small way of saying thanks.
Here’s a full list of all of the benefits below. My observation would be that cricket clubs don’t always use half of them so review what you get and see how your club can get more involved in 2021.
- Support to achieve and maintain ECB Club Accreditation (where eligible)
- Support with Club Development Planning
- Eligibility to apply for ECB Funding
- Support for NatWest CricketForce
- Access to ECB Safe Hands Workshops & Resources
- Full access to ECB Play Cricket website
- Access to offers from ECB Partners
- Eligibility for ECB Competitions
- Eligibility for CCB / League Competitions
- Two-Way Communication with the YCB
- Access to Pitch Advisory and Ground Services
Together with the T20 Ticket offer, the Yorkshire offer also features:
- Access to Funding4Sport
- YCB Emergency Fund
- YCB Discretionary Development Fund
- Access to Cricket Development Managers, Community Cricket Officers and County Welfare Officers
- Access to local Cricket Development Groups
- Club events/seminars/roadshows
- Groundsmanship courses
- Pitch Advisor support
- Player Pathway: Pathways to Excellence, Regional Cricket, County Age Group Cricket
- Chance to Shine
- All Stars Cricket
- Dynamos Cricket
- Diverse community development
- Development of Women and Girls Cricket
- Support of coaches, umpires, scorers, groundspersons and volunteers
- Links with key partners/local authorities/colleges/schools
- County Sport Partnerships support
- County handbook (Online)
- Club and league directory
- Online and social media communication
- Mailouts to clubs, leagues and league councils
- Admin support centrally
- League Council support (financially)
- League support
- Support of clubs by leagues
- Reward and recognition events
- ECB OSCAs
- County Age Group and Regional fixtures
- Priority booking on Coach Education courses
Are you a cricket club on the border of two counties?
You can take out a secondary affiliation package aimed at clubs who sit on the border of two or more counties.
It provides support by agreement with their primary county cricket board, midweek clubs who don’t do weekend cricket and junior clubs without a senior club. The secondary affiliation package does not include the T20 tickets.
How to apply?
Here’s what you need for all club affiliation documents and forms.
For any questions about the affiliation process, just contact Jack Stockdale via email: [email protected].
**This is a sponsored article for Yorkshire Cricket Board – if the mood takes you, click to read Cricket Yorkshire’s policy on sponsored content**