The Yorkshire Cricket Board (YCB) and the wider cricketing family are celebrating International Women’s Day throughout the whole of March by hosting a month of activities to showcase the women’s game.
March will be used to share stories across the women’s game and encourage more women and girls to play, watch or attend cricket in the next 12 months.
The YCB will shine a light on the great work being done across the cricket network in Yorkshire, as well as provide fans and players alike with the opportunity to register their interest for future events.
YCB is encouraging all cricket clubs and communities around the county to come together and support the movement to achieve a gender balanced sport.
Amna Rafiq, Yorkshire Cricket Board’s Clubs and Community Development Manager (South/West) said: “This is a very exciting time for the women’s game. The commitment and drive from the Board is very much focused on providing bigger and better opportunities.”
Fun, safe, social and competitive offers
Amna added: “We are just coming out of a pandemic where the inequality gaps have increased and females have been less active than before. We want to ensure we challenge that by providing fun, safe, social and competitive offers to engage more women & girls into the game.
“We also want to celebrate and recognise the females in the cricketing network to allow other women and girls to know that cricket is a game for them at every level.”
What will the YCB be doing?
- Launching a new countywide Women’s Softball League, finals day to be held at Ampleforth College on August 22nd 2021.
- Countywide Super 8’s Hardball League.
- Women’s Softball Festivals throughout the County in collaboration with cricket clubs and community organisations.
- Increasing the female workforce within clubs and communities.
- Investing in clubs to make them welcoming and family-friendly.
- Staging girls-only Dynamos cricket programmes up and down the county
- Increasing community cricket sessions in non-traditional environments.
- Launching Bolly Cric-Hit in partnership with Asian Sports Foundation
To sign up to your newest events, please contact your local Women’s and Girls’ Club & League Development Manager…
Dean Smith – South Yorkshire
Rob Johnson – North & East Yorkshire
Amna Rafiq – West Yorkshire