Richard Wells is Chair of Hollinsend Methodist Cricket Club and bought Make Money for Your Cricket Club to get advice for 2022 and beyond on income generation.
This unique online course, designed specifically for grassroots clubs, provides fresh ideas and quick wins to make more money for your cricket club, relevant for any size of club or circumstances.
Clubs can try a free lesson, buy individual modules or all four modules available.
In this Q&A, we caught up about how Richard found learning online, what the e-course helped with and his plans for the future.
1. Could you give readers a snapshot of the size and circumstances of your club (number of teams/members, challenges and what you do well).
We have been around for over 100 years and formed, as many teams were, from a local Methodist Chapel. We run 3 Senior teams on a Saturday with players from 12 to 63, Sunday Senior team and also a Midweek XI.
We engage with All Stars and Dynamos and run junior sides from U9 to U18 too. Our latest addition is a Women and Girls Team. We are an amateur club with no paid players and volunteers for all other roles including bar staff, coaches etc.
2. Why did you buy the Make Money For Your Cricket Club e-course?
While we like to think we do well with our money both income and expenditure, there are always lessons to learn from both other clubs and individuals who have some expertise in finance. The price for us was reasonable and not difficult to cover in some way by using a tip from the course.
3. What are your thoughts on the content and how it is delivered? How has it been to learn and think about making more money?
The e-course format (with videos/worksheets) is new for grassroots cricket when it comes to teaching sponsorship, membership etc.
I found the course easy to follow and the worksheets help with keeping notes and referring back to when looking to implement new ideas.
While we already do many of the things on the course, there is always room to improve and perhaps the key is to be more business-like, even for an amateur club.
4. Has there been anything particularly useful, it might be a lesson or something that has sparked your own ideas since watching the video?
The key is not to think you can do everything but focus on a couple of areas that would maximise the club income the most.
5. What’s your focus over the next 2 months?
A clear Membership charter that informs all those connected with the club what membership categories we have, what you get in return and how to sign up and pay. A menu of sponsorship options to allow interested parties to pick and mix to suit their own circumstances.
6. If you were talking to another club about the e-course, would you recommend it and what would your advice be?
Yes, it is worth the money as long as you are prepared to take some action. Pick one or two actions and try to do them well!
Thanks to Richard for the feedback and good luck to Hollinsend Methodist CC as they look to more successes on and off the field. Course details are below….
About Make Money For Your Cricket Club
There are 4 online modules, each with 4-6 short video lessons, designed to help you learn ways to grow your cricket club income.
The goal? To skyrocket a club’s potential by providing incredible value for members, sponsors and funders.
Explore the full e-course to find out all the content and sample the first lesson!
Clubs can buy individual modules and there’s a 10-day money-back guarantee to give time to use the content.
If you have any questions, just email me (John Fuller) at [email protected] and I’ll be happy to help.
We would definitely recommend this e-course to any club wanting to raise funds or improve what they already have in place. It’s a no brainer and will pay for itself several times over.
Paul Berry, St Chad’s Broomfield CC
- Getting the Best Cricket Club Website with Pitchero - January 27, 2022
- The Winter Tour: January cricket in the Yorkshire Dales - January 15, 2022
- Win £1,000 for your cricket club with Aston Lark’s prize draw - January 13, 2022