Over the course of about a decade with Cricket Yorkshire, I’ve been fortunate to form partnerships with charities, companies and governing bodies.
Working with Opening Up Cricket has been going a couple of years now and it takes the form of writing about them and by shouting from the rooftops of the internet.
This is an organisation doing vital work in promoting mental wellbeing & suicide prevention through cricket. If you have a few minutes, here’s my article on Mark and Charlie’s story.
Recently, I had the opportunity to catch up with the founder Mark Boyns on the Cricket Yorkshire Podcast to discuss:
- What’s the remit and current focus at Opening Up Cricket?
- How can people help if they want to get involved?
- What’s mental fitness sessions for club cricket?
- Is mental health awareness in grassroots cricket changing?
HOW TO LISTEN
The Cricket Yorkshire Podcast has intermittent interviews in any given year.
There’s a wide-ranging back catalogue available on all levels of the professional and recreational game. Have a listen and see what you think!
- Harry Brook: From Burley to his Yorkshire CCC debut - May 18, 2022
- Haworth Cricket Club: A scenic postage stamp - May 17, 2022
- Best Cricket Bat: Cricketers Guide  - May 11, 2022