A cricket tea is one of the highlights of our great game and there are lots of cricket clubs across Yorkshire who put on a fine spread in between innings.
To celebrate those who make, bake and brew, we are launching a competition to find the best cricket tea in Yorkshire.
It is open to all cricket clubs in the region and Cricket Yorkshire is delighted to welcome Yorkshire Tea as the sponsor.
The winning club will receive a whopping 2,500 tea bags to keep them enjoying a proper brew for many months to come. Plus, there’s Traditional Afternoon Tea at Betty’s for up to four people.
🫖🫖🫖 ENTER THE COMPETITION HERE 🍰🍰🍰
Yorkshire Tea is synonymous with cricket having sponsored the England cricket team, supported Chance to Shine’s National Cricket Week and is the brew of choice at many pavilions across the land. It’s even on the box!
They now work with Chance to Shine in the UK and Cricket Builds Hope in Rwanda supporting projects that get kids playing cricket, building skills both on and off the pitch.
Here in Yorkshire, it’s time to fire up the tea urn, dig out your blockbuster recipes and champion those who deserve recognition.
Yorkshire cricket teas are magnificent. I should know I’ve eaten hundreds of them since Cricket Yorkshire started in 2011!
From curries to cakes and pies to pastries, the region serves its cricketers, umpires, scorers and visitors a feast.
Who does the best cricket tea in your league? Who should win?
How does my cricket club enter?
It’s easy to get involved! Just fill out the form below – we’re looking for 250-500 words on our story of who makes the cricket teas and why they should win. Famous recipes? Long-standing volunteers? Let us know!
Make sure you send in photos and video, if you can, of those who make the teas and what the teas look like.
We will shortlist four cricket clubs and visit the winning club in September.
What will they win?
Apart from worldwide fame and the glowing pride of being crowned Best Cricket tea in Yorkshire?
Well, Yorkshire Tea have kindly donated a mountain of tea bags – 2,500 to be precise!
Plus, there is Afternoon Tea for four at Betty’s for the volunteer(s) behind the cricket teas magic.
The deadline is Friday 19 August 2022 at midnight. Share this with any clubs you think might want to enter.
Best of luck!
🫖🫖🫖 ENTER THE COMPETITION HERE 🍰🍰🍰
Cricket Tea Competition terms and conditions
1. The prize draw opens Tuesday 2 August 2022 and closes at midnight (UK time) on Friday 19 August 2022.
2. This competition is open to UK residents aged 18 and over.
3. The prizes are 2,500 Yorkshire Tea bags for the winning cricket club with Traditional Afternoon Tea at Betty’s for up to four people.
4. The competition is open to all cricket clubs in Yorkshire. One entry per club. Clubs must fill out the entry form (and provide photos/video where possible).
5. Judging is final and at the discretion of Cricket Yorkshire and Yorkshire Tea with four clubs shortlisted and one overall winner.
6. The prize is provided by Yorkshire Tea. We are not responsible for any aspect of the prize, such as late delivery or a prize winner being unable to take up any aspect, or the entirety of the prize due to their own circumstances or restrictions. Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and no cash alternative will be offered.
7. No purchase is necessary.
- Sun, smiles and samosa chaat at Bradford Park Avenue - August 19, 2022
- Best Cricket Shoes: 2022 Cricketers Guide - August 16, 2022
- Why your cricket club needs FrogBox this year - August 10, 2022